Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New team??

+4
Duke
FSXTB_#1_"Vapor"
Clay Estes
Jesse "Burst"
8 posters

Go down

New team?? Empty New team??

Post  Jesse "Burst" Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:10 pm

STARFIGHTERS
F-104 Demo team

Jesse
Jesse "Burst"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbirds.net

Back to top Go down

New team?? Empty Re: New team??

Post  Clay Estes Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Woah! Thats a pretty sweet looking plane if you ask me!

Clay Estes

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#1_"Vapor" Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:53 am

No Crap, But let me tell ya one thing. That aircraft is one of the most difficults planes to fly. Seriosuly
FSXTB_#1_
FSXTB_#1_"Vapor"

Back to top Go down

Post  Clay Estes Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:28 am

FSXTB _#9_Vapor wrote:No Crap, But let me tell ya one thing. That aircraft is one of the most difficults planes to fly. Seriosuly

Yea

Clay Estes

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am

FSXTB _#9_Vapor wrote:No Crap, But let me tell ya one thing. That aircraft is one of the most difficults planes to fly. Seriosuly

Now I wouldn't go off saying that. Those stubby wings still take to the air like an ol' F-4. The truth is there really isn't any fighter jet that's harder to fly than another.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  Grab Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:42 pm

FSXFD_#1_Boss wrote:

Now I wouldn't go off saying that. Those stubby wings still take to the air like an ol' F-4. The truth is there really isn't any fighter jet that's harder to fly than another.

I take it your extensive hours flying high performance aircraft is what your leaning on to justify this opinion?
Grab
Grab

http://virtualblueangels.net

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Every jet flies as easy as any other. Its like the idea of you can fly a cessna then you can fly a 747. Flight is flight no matter what; it all has the basic 4 elements. What makes them different are the things you try to do. A F-4 and a F-105 simply cannot do the same militaristic maneuvers. You wouldn't land a 747 like you did that cessna....Just my opinion Smile
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Now your taking me out of context. I said fighter jet, A fighter pilot that flys an F-16 can hop in an F-4 and still have the basic flight knowledge to fly it, Now weather its safe or not maybe unknown. The big difference is the fly characteristics, But your not gonna just hop in any old plane and fly blue angel style close to the ground with high G maneuvers. Oh and wildcat a cessna and a 747 are to different to be used as an example.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Well if you ant to look at it like that think about this. Only about 70% of the pilots picked to fly with the Thunderbirds actually have ever flown the F-16. Many of them are infact F-15 pilots. The new leader fly's the F-22. I guess that's the way id see it. No 2 planes fly the same you just have to know what they can and cannot do.
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Clay Estes Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:31 pm

FSXTB_#8_Wildcat wrote:Well if youw ant to look at it like that think about this. Only about 70% of the pilots picked to fly with the thunderbirds actually have ever flown the F-16. Many of them are infact F-15 pilots. The new leader flys the F-22. I guess thats the way id see it. No 2 planes fly the same you just have to know what they can and cannot do.

there ya go thats exactly what i'm thinking.

Clay Estes

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:17 pm

FSXTB_#8_Wildcat wrote:Well if youw ant to look at it like that think about this. Only about 70% of the pilots picked to fly with the thunderbirds actually have ever flown the F-16. Many of them are infact F-15 pilots. The new leader flys the F-22. I guess thats the way id see it. No 2 planes fly the same you just have to know what they can and cannot do.

That's what I'm saying, I was just pointing out that the F-104 isn't hard it fly IF! you have had experience in fighter jets.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  Grab Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:16 pm

The F-104 I would consider a warbird, those airplanes especially first and second generation jet fighters we're beasts and would kill you in a heart beat. I will bet that a Viper driver could not hope in a starfighter and just figure it out without killing himself.
Grab
Grab

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:57 pm

FSXBE#3_Sniper wrote:The F-104 I would consider a warbird, those airplanes especially first and second generation jet fighters we're beasts and would kill you in a heart beat. I will bet that a Viper driver could not hope in a starfighter and just figure it out without killing himself.

Well then I'm gonna have to go find a Falcon pilot and a spare F-104.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#3_"Raptor" Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Well then I'm gonna have to go find a Falcon pilot and a spare F-104.

Good luck, the three you see in the pictures above are the only 3 left opperating in the world
FSXTB_#3_
FSXTB_#3_"Raptor"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#1_"Vapor" Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Thank you. My point. The F-104 is a Difficult plane to fly. Its difficult to maneuver! No matter what plane you flew in before! So andrew like the others says, you cannot Compare a f-104 to and F-4 because they different Flight dynamics. Like a Venn Diagram. What they got in common, and what they both can and can not do!
FSXTB_#1_
FSXTB_#1_"Vapor"

Back to top Go down

Post  Clay Estes Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm

I just got a magazine and it said the star fighter pilots have been asked to like test fly for NASA I look for it and post what it says but I thought that was funny

Clay Estes

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:32 am

FSXTB _#9_Vapor wrote:Thank you. My point. The F-104 is a Difficult plane to fly. Its difficult to maneuver! No matter what plane you flew in before! So andrew like the others says, you cannot Compare a f-104 to and F-4 because they different Flight dynamics. Like a Venn Diagram. What they got in common, and what they both can and can not do!

You said it was the most difficult, But I truly doubt anyone on this forum has experience in the F-104. So really no one on this forum can have a true factual opinion including me.

Any fighter jet is difficult to fly, A basic cessna can sometimes be hard to fly in a few types of weather conditions.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  Clay Estes Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:01 am

New team?? Starfi10
The F-104's of Starfighters Inc. have relocated to the Kennedy Space Center and will play a key role in space commercialization.

Today, NASA and Starfighters, Inc. announced the signing of a formal Space Act Agreement enabling Starfighters, a private aerospace company that operates high performance fighter aircraft, to fully utilize the Shuttle Landing Facility (SLF) to conduct flight operations providing commercial space flight training, support research and development, test and engineering for the benefit of the emerging commercial space industry, and to otherwise advance aerospace and space-related technology in Florida.

Clay Estes

Back to top Go down

Post  Grab Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:53 am

FSXFD_#1_Boss wrote:Any fighter jet is difficult to fly, A basic cessna can sometimes be hard to fly in a few types of weather conditions.

Thats not true, in talking to Raptor, Eagle and former Viper drivers, modern fighters fly them selves, and have in fact admitted to the hardest part of their training being learning to fly texans and other less modern aircraft where you really had to manage your airplane, things like fuel mixture, temperature, prop/fan pitch, all things that are now automated in modern fighter aircraft. Infact, while at the O-Club one night I got a group of Raptor drivers to admit that they really don't know how to fly because all these high-tech modern fighters make it so easy. In related news, 3 Eagle drivers rented a 172 from the Aeroclub on base and crashed shortly after takeoff because their mixture was too lean and they lost the engine.
Grab
Grab

Back to top Go down

Post  TB ADMIN Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:53 am

I have read everyone's posts and everyone has some good points. The only thing I am really confused about is I think this post was meant to show the public a new and upcoming demo team. LOL. I think its cool everyone has some kind of input of older aircraft compared to new aircraft comparing the differences. That is really great. Kevin its awesome that you get to talk to all pilots when you can. its cool you get more information on all different subjects pertaining to flight from fighter pilots of many different class aircraft. In my opinion the Star fighters are a beautiful aircraft and they sound amazing. I don't know what it is like to fly that plane but on fsx I'm sure the plane is a hand full to fly in formation. I have seen a few videos on this demo and I don't think they do much really other than a few passes. What I mean is they do no loops and extreme maneuvers with that aircraft. So what I'm saying is I'm sure that aircraft was a bear to fly and I bet compared to today's aircraft in general elder aircraft are inherently harder in certain ways to fly. However if I had an aircraft to chose to fly it would be the P51 mustang over all aircraft.
TB ADMIN
TB ADMIN
Admin

https://fsxthunderbirds.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:04 pm

FSXTB_#4_FOXY wrote:However if I had an aircraft to chose to fly it would be the P51 mustang over all aircraft.

That would be my choice to, Even though its definitely a hard plane to have worked on.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  Clay Estes Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:21 pm

FSXBE#3_Sniper wrote:
FSXFD_#1_Boss wrote:Any fighter jet is difficult to fly, A basic cessna can sometimes be hard to fly in a few types of weather conditions.

Thats not true, in talking to Raptor, Eagle and former Viper drivers, modern fighters fly them selves, and have in fact admitted to the hardest part of their training being learning to fly texans and other less modern aircraft where you really had to manage your airplane, things like fuel mixture, temperature, prop/fan pitch, all things that are now automated in modern fighter aircraft. Infact, while at the O-Club one night I got a group of Raptor drivers to admit that they really don't know how to fly because all these high-tech modern fighters make it so easy. In related news, 3 Eagle drivers rented a 172 from the Aeroclub on base and crashed shortly after takeoff because their mixture was too lean and they lost the engine.

hmm interesting.

Clay Estes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down