Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down

Frequently Asked Questions Empty Frequently Asked Questions

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the FAQ’s about the FSX Thunderbirds

Can I obtain the FSX Thunderbird F-16?
No. Unfortunately the aircraft we use is the LAGO F-16 which is a payware aircraft and can not be given out; however, there is a version of it in our “downloads” section which is static. This aircraft is for visual purposes only in sessions. That aircraft can be found here.

Do the FSX Thunderbirds practice in public sessions?
Due to lag issues we do not have the capabilities to practice in public sessions. We do have public servers in free flights where you can sometimes find the pilots doing flights or practice formation.

How do I become a FSX Thunderbird?
Your best option is to check the forums daily for any openings on the teams and how you can apply. Once there is an opening and you send in an application, be patient and wait for a reply on your next step.

How can my team perform with the FSX Thunderbirds in a show?
The website has a page set up for air shows and will announce when a show is in the planning process and how to contact for a spot. The FSX Thunderbirds do not carry specific teams to each air show, but the more your team performs the better chance that your team will be invited.

Who do I contact to obtain a Thunderbird demonstration for my show?
The best contact would be to send an email to fsxthunderbirds@hotmail.com. Along with this request should be show date and airport, and if the team requires further view into the show you will receive a reply email asking for certain information.

Do the FSX Thunderbirds fly to each location?
Yes, we have a very tedious practice schedule and a certain way to plan out show weeks. The entire team flies to each location no matter where along with the support of Thunderbird 12 in the KC-135.

What technical items should the FSX Thunderbirds have?
The only times technical items are really enforced are for the 6 demonstration pilots. All of them are required to have the Saitek X-52 throttle and computer hardware allowing them over 20 FPS. Track IR is not highly enforced if you fly better without it, but it is encouraged that each pilot has it.

Is there an age restriction to be on the team?
For demonstration pilots yes we have an age restriction of 18 years of age. Other positions like executive officer are at least 16 years of age and ground crew has no restriction however an older crowd is preferred for maturity reasons.

How do I obtain a media ride?
Follow this link to send in an application for media rides. Click here

Where can I access all of the FSX Thunderbirds downloads?
All of our available downloads can be found here

If you have anymore questions about the team and our mission feel free to ask.
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down