Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM RULES (UPDATED)

4 posters

Go down

FORUM RULES (UPDATED) Empty FORUM RULES (UPDATED)

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm

These are the new forum rules to help better the FSX community. These do not stop anybody in their opinion on these forums. I "Maj. Wildcat" will be the only one allowed to delete or edit a post on the forums. If ever I feel your post needs to come down and it does not directly conflict with these rules then you will receive a notice before hand (with the reason) to where you will be allowed to explain to me why your post should be allowed to stay up. Besides anything you will receive a notice for, all other rules on the list will go as follows.

1. Offensive, derogatory language/cursing (this includes words blocked out with symbols) are no longer allowed on the forums such words will be deleted. If the entire post is focused on the word then the post will be deleted.

2. Fighting, arguing, flame wars, instigating - automatic suspension from the forums until further notice.

3. Denial or "put downs" of any pilot or team will be anywhere between a 1 day - 1 week suspension or more depending on the post. ( does not include everything, depends on how the post affects the topic )

4. Any posts to payware aircraft, viruses, or harmful websites are an automatic suspension from the forums until further notice.

5. There is a place to now test your signature please do so there and nowhere else. Testing signatures on other parts of the forums will cause deletion of the post. If the process continues then other repercussions will occur.

Please follow all of these rules. Any questions comments or concerns please ask.

Last edited by FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" on Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

FORUM RULES (UPDATED) Empty Re: FORUM RULES (UPDATED)

Post  skyblazer3 Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:08 am

Did you move all of the discussion concerning the opposition to these rules, or did you just delete it? I have backups of some of it, so I could re post if you did delete.

It's too bad that the FSX Thunderbirds care more about their own self image in the eyes of an imagined 5 year old than they do about the people who are actually active members of this community. This will end up hurting the FSX Thunderbirds in the long run. I thought we were a community of virtual fighter pilots, but it looks like we are just running a kindergarten.
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:11 am

skyblazer3 wrote:Did you move all of the discussion concerning the opposition to these rules, or did you just delete it? I have backups of some of it, so I could re post if you did delete.

It's too bad that the FSX Thunderbirds care more about their own self image in the eyes of an imagined 5 year old than they do about the people who are actually active members of this community. This will end up hurting the FSX Thunderbirds in the long run. I thought we were a community of virtual fighter pilots, but it looks like we are just running a kindergarten.

Why start this again? Its a pointless/fruitless argument that should be locked.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  skyblazer3 Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:24 am

divergent opinions are rarely pointless.
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Air_Chief_Marshall Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 am

Wildcat,

Please find listed some questions that I can guarantee you are in the best interests or of concern to some users on this forum.

Q) Why was our comments/feedback removed? You could've edited your original post without deleting our points of view on these rules.

Q) Why is it that the Forum Terms of Service still hasn't changed since the original post regarding The Forum Rules?

Forum Terms of service

The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and consequently, they cannot be held responsible of the discussions.

This forum uses cookies to store information on your computer. These cookies will not contain any personal information; they are only used to improve comfort while browsing. The address e-mail is only used in order to confirm the details of your registration as your password (and also to send you back your password if you forget it).

- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.
- Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.
- If you post informations which come from another site
, look first if the site in question doesn't forbid it. Show the address of the site in question in order to respect the work of their administrators!
- Please post your messages only once. The repetitions are unpleasant and useless!
- Please make an effort on grammar and spelling. SMS-style language (ex: r u sk8ing?) is not advised!

Any message contravening the listing above will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the moderators. Any abuse will involve the cancellation of the registration. Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right! We reserve ourselves the possibility of informing your access provider and/or the legal authorities of any malevolent behavior. An IP address of each poster is recorded in order to help us to make you respect these conditions.

By clicking on " I agree to these terms " below:
- You acknowledge to have fully read these current rules;
- You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
- You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.

Wildcat. With all due respect. Please don't take this personally. However, you have made it clear that you are the assigned Officer in charge of these forums. Therefore, I will in response, direct the questions to you.

Cheers,
Air_Chief_Marshall
Air_Chief_Marshall

http://www.darwinflyingschoolvirtual.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 am

I was not deleting the other post because of the replies; it was just easier to keep track of this post after updating the rules of the replies and comments. You guys can repost your opinions on this set. The majority of the people said the penalties were harsh and therefore I changed them. I asked in the other post and nobody replied, what would you guys like the rules to be? Keep in mind this is for the better of the public as a whole. Garner I know you don't like it, but from my point of view all you are doing is stating the problem and not giving any solutions. I understand full that you do not like them and I am trying to compromise, but you have to tell me exactly what you are trying to fix. These rules are not just for our self image but the image of the community as a whole. There are so many people who do not fly on FSX that view these forums and see what we are like.

Air Chief, those have not been changed due to the fact that these rules are not finalized yet and I am trying to get the communities opinion. I am not here to make enemies but to improve the forums, and after this is complete I will work on organization of the forum also with the communities input.

Hope this answers any questions thus far.
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down