Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FSX Snowbirds

2 posters

Go down

FSX Snowbirds Empty FSX Snowbirds

Post  Maj. Matt"Guns"Webber Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey guys the FSX Snowbirds are back up and are looking for pilots. with the help from you we can have the snowbirds ready for 2011. with our aircraft updated and our new one in development we hope to rock the skys in a session near you soon.

the positions open at the moment are

Snowbirds 3,6,7,8

if you are interested go to www.fssnowbirds.webs.com or to contact us please email us at snowbirdsfsx@gmail.com

Last edited by Maj. Matt"Guns"Webber on Mon May 24, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maj. Matt
Maj. Matt"Guns"Webber

Back to top Go down

FSX Snowbirds Empty Re: FSX Snowbirds

Post  skyblazer3 Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:19 pm

WOW! That is ambitious. What happened to the Grey Ghosts? Last time I saw you guys flying it looked promising. Did you have a problem filling all the spots on the Grey Ghosts? I know it is difficult, but keep at it. The Skyblazers have never really had all four pilots to make up the diamond at any one point.... we always seem to be missing someone, but that is ok. Don't feel like you need a pilot in each spot to practice, just keep working at your leading and keep flying with the guys you have..... it should be fun. Eventually someone who really likes what you are doing will come around and they'll be the right fit.

Kindest Regards,

Garner
World's Greatest Virtual Fighter Pilot
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

FSX Snowbirds Empty Grey Ghosts

Post  Maj. Matt"Guns"Webber Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 am

one of the reasons the grey ghosts are no more is its just to hard to find information i would spend ove 10 hours a weekend looking for information but very little came up so it was time to move on and we will have to see whats in the futur because X Plane 10 looks nice
Maj. Matt
Maj. Matt"Guns"Webber

Back to top Go down

Post  skyblazer3 Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 am

Researching the historical teams is definitely daunting. Many of these teams were more like flying clubs than they were full blown institutions. Some of the flying clubs developed into institutions. The best source for information is the pilots themselves. Don't feel like you can't pick up the phone and call guys from these old teams, many of them are still around and willing to talk about their days in formation aerobatics.

About X Plane, I suggest you go to your local chain bookstore (borders, barns and noble, etc.) and pick up a copy of PC Pilot Magazine. PC Pilot is a British produced flight sim magazine that mostly covers FSX, but for the last 6 months they've been featuring one article per subscription on X Plane. It might be a good place to start your investigation into that sim. I didn't like X Plane, but plenty of people do. I know that some commercial simulators used for flight training here in the States use a FAA certified version of X Plane.

Best of Luck,

Garner
World's Finest Fighter Pilot
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down