Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Show Associations

+2
Jesse "Burst"
Duke
6 posters

Go down

Air Show Associations Empty Air Show Associations

Post  Duke Sun May 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Hey guys something brought up to me by Garner and something I saw and annoyed every during the show. The Ads come up ALL THE TIME! Interrupting the show and sometimes ruining some of our favorite maneuvers. I was thinking maybe we could have a group of people who get together to run something like VFAT but something like FSAF: Flight Sim Air Festivals and have a purchased premium account on Livestream.com so there would be no ads and nothing to interrupt the air show. I think also to have the maybe 2 Big shows a year Like a spring show and a fall show. And maybe have some teams throw up live practices or special events on the live stream as well. Just an idea but I think it would be the second best thing to hit the Flight Sim air show world other than Marty's discovery of Livestream.com lol.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Air Show Associations Empty Re: Air Show Associations

Post  Jesse "Burst" Sun May 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Great thinking, we should defiantly look into something like that.
Jesse
Jesse "Burst"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbirds.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyblazer3 Sun May 23, 2010 6:23 pm

I might retract my suggestion after doing a little research........

The next step up in live-streaming cost $350 per month! I think that this would realistically limit us to having one show per year, or at least holding all of our shows in the same month.... probably not what any of us want to do. Even if we did want to only fly once a year (which does have its benefits) it would still be a lot to ask team to pitch in $50 to gain access to the live stream.

I will look into alternate technologies.

Garner
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Sun May 23, 2010 6:48 pm

skyblazer3 wrote:I might retract my suggestion after doing a little research........

The next step up in live-streaming cost $350 per month! I think that this would realistically limit us to having one show per year, or at least holding all of our shows in the same month.... probably not what any of us want to do. Even if we did want to only fly once a year (which does have its benefits) it would still be a lot to ask team to pitch in $50 to gain access to the live stream.

I will look into alternate technologies.

Garner

Dang I knew it was a lot but I didn't know it was that much! 350 per month I mean for a year that wouldn't be that bad but I would have an airshow every month for that price.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker" Sun May 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Could try to talk the the workers of Livestream.com about a discount or something....
FSXTB_CC#1_
FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker"

Back to top Go down

Post  fly_by_nite Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

I agree that the ads a slight annoyance, but probably worth it for such a great venue.

Did you all record the show?
fly_by_nite
fly_by_nite

Back to top Go down

Post  striker Mon May 24, 2010 9:13 pm

I have looked into this a little more than some of you guys what my thinking would has been is that I would be hosting a Livestream all the time just not always premium. From there teams would register with me to use my livestream months in advance so I could begin collecting money from participating teams and selling promo products for the show. I would be a major provider in the cost of the show, but we must keep in mind I won't pay more than $100/ show most likely. I am waiting until I can think it out some more, but this is a basic outline for my thoughts. I would GREATLY appreciate if no one steals my ideas as I think about them in depth and to have someone ruin it would upset me. Please give me feedback on this and I might invest more into it.

striker

Back to top Go down

Post  skyblazer3 Mon May 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Striker,

You don't want anyone else making an air show association? You consider buying and then renting out a live-stream "your idea"? However, you want us to give you feed back.... you want us to give you "our ideas"? Plenty of us have hashed this out in private, but there are not enough teams or enough pilots to make this happen. Whoever bought the live stream would be left holding the bag if people could not hold up their end of the deal.

What we need is a new technology, or we need to be able to use live-stream more effectively. We may also just have to live with commercials.

Garner
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  striker Tue May 25, 2010 5:08 am

Garner,
Please don't make disrespectful comments. They are unnecessary. If you felt something was incorrect in my post you could have been a little nicer. Aside from that, what I meant was, I don't want a random person coming and seeing my post and saying I will use it and then everyone used him not me. I'm not trying to keep this away I just don't want someone using that same proposal for their own use. If you have new idea feel free, or if I don't use this plan, feel free.

I am just saying that I don't want to open doors and there be 3 more organizations with the same concept.

What you said about commercials is a good idea I was thinking about it and I think it could work pretty good. You would likely need to host 1-2 shows before just to prove it is effective and then ask companies to buy slots.

striker

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Tue May 25, 2010 3:52 pm

striker wrote:Garner,
Please don't make disrespectful comments. They are unnecessary. If you felt something was incorrect in my post you could have been a little nicer. Aside from that, what I meant was, I don't want a random person coming and seeing my post and saying I will use it and then everyone used him not me. I'm not trying to keep this away I just don't want someone using that same proposal for their own use. If you have new idea feel free, or if I don't use this plan, feel free.

I am just saying that I don't want to open doors and there be 3 more organizations with the same concept.

What you said about commercials is a good idea I was thinking about it and I think it could work pretty good. You would likely need to host 1-2 shows before just to prove it is effective and then ask companies to buy slots.

Basically how I see it is you don't have it up yet. Its a first come first serve deal but it could work like VFAT as well with a big organization of some sorts the question is who has the patience, drive, ability, finances, and willingness to stick it through. I would be happy to give any help I can to anyone how has these qualities but I think you can't just call it out and saying "I think I'm going to do this so no one else can"
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  fly_by_nite Tue May 25, 2010 11:00 pm

@ Striker,

Your post did come off a bit rude, this community generated the idea on its own and to accuse them of stealing your idea seems a bit silly.

@ Everyone else,

Although I too was annoyed by all the Honey Bunches it seems a much smaller price to pay than the alternative. With the rate that the active teams seem to flip over here I doubt that you'll be able to garner enough reliable support to pool together to pay a subscription fee. And to be honest, it was fun to be a spectator at your show but I wouldn't have paid for the privilege.
fly_by_nite
fly_by_nite

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Wed May 26, 2010 3:29 pm

fly_by_nite wrote:And to be honest, it was fun to be a spectator at your show but I wouldn't have paid for the privilege.

Well that's the point I see this as doing something to give the spectators a (Free) air show without the small disruptions. I wouldn't ask a spectator to pay because I would like to have as many spectators as possible.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum