Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem..

3 posters

Go down

A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem.. Empty A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem..

Post  Fierce Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Okay, I am the kinda guy who knows my share of FSX knowledge. But Im having a problem when it comes to flying and its just.... Weird..

In short: When I load an airplane into the sim (either free flight or Multi player), the A/c seems to be invisible,, This even happens on the default FSX a/c. Like the F-18, 737, Bell Jet ranger etc.

It seems that all that shows up on spot view is either the cockpit glass and the prop texture when its in motion. Here, I have a few examples from the A2A B-17 bomber:

A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem.. 2010-11-14_14-25-0-683
As you can see; The prop textures/ Lights and shadow are all there,,, but no plane!

A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem.. 2010-11-14_14-25-5-563
Just another angle

A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem.. 2010-11-14_14-25-24-238
Now as you can see, the VC loads fine with all gauges working properly, and the outside features (like the wing and engines) show just fine.

This is an incredibly annoying problem that is spreading like a disease through my PC because it seems to effect more and more a/c and yet will let off of others,, It use to effect my 737 all the time, Now it seems to occasionally load the a/c..

Has anyone seen a problem like this?
Fierce
Fierce

http://www.fsx-diamondbacks.com

Back to top Go down

A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem.. Empty Re: A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem..

Post  FSXTB_#3_"Raptor" Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Try, deleting your FSX.cfg. The sim will automatically write a new one when you start the game after deleting it. See if that helps.
FSXTB_#3_
FSXTB_#3_"Raptor"
Admin

Back to top Go down

A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem.. Empty Re: A very mystifying new kind of FSX problem..

Post  Fierce Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Alrightie,, Can you highlight the route to that? Is it right under the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" Folder?
Fierce
Fierce

http://www.fsx-diamondbacks.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#6_"Freeze" Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Make sure that you can view hidden folders. If you haven't done that yet, go to Control Panel>Folder Options then select the view tab. In the view tab, under "Hidden Files and Folders", select the bubble next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders." Your FSX.cfg is under C:\Users\(Your Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
FSXTB_#6_
FSXTB_#6_"Freeze"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum