Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FS Convention and Expo... I need opinions

Go down

FS Convention and Expo... I need opinions Empty FS Convention and Expo... I need opinions

Post  FSX_Yahoo Mon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm

What would everyone think of a Flight Sim Virtual Convention and expo? To give you an idea of what it would most likely consist of is... In a 1 to 2 Teamspeak Servers which in each case one team would have a channel as a booth per say. Now I am working on getting virtual booths to better enhance the experience so bare with me. Also 1 channel for guest/special speakers, and channels for a lounge and so on. It wont be much of flying, most flying that would be done is promo videos and/or training from special guest. (Which would all be scheduled at certain times) Security wise would be pretty dense B/C the fact all the people that don't have respect for TS and peoples work and etc... What I am trying to do (not a high probability) is to try to get guest speakers from maybe Saitek or Iris and other big name brands.

What I need from you is to know is this a good idea? If so how long should the convention run for... i.e. Just a Saturday or weekend or a week? My choice was to make it a 2 day event Saturday and Sunday and maybe have a little event going on to kick it off Friday night such as a Fly-in.

We could put a little demonstration here and there for some teams just to get some flying in and some entertainment well we will see...

Also I am willing to take any suggestions on what to put into the convention and expo and what to take out so don't hesitate to say something!

P.S. You can IM me or just post a comment on here.

FSX_Yahoo

Back to top Go down