Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FSX THUNDERBIRDS UPDATE!

5 posters

Go down

FSX THUNDERBIRDS UPDATE! Empty FSX THUNDERBIRDS UPDATE!

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 pm

This is just an update. I know there are many rumors floating around, but here is the truth and you can pass the word around.

-The team is still here but we are inactive at the moment
-The team will be flying again next season
-Anybody caught using our stuff will be taken down

The Patch of the USAF Thunderbirds is owned by the USAF and we have permission to use it. Anybody caught using it could be prosecuted by the USAF and charged.
There will be updates coming soon about how to get on the team for next year and where the team is headed. There are changes being made and it will just take time to happen.
The FSX Thunderbird name is copyrited and we can take action to those who choose to use it.

This is coming straight from me so if anybody tells you otherwise it is not the truth.

-FSXTB #8
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

FSX THUNDERBIRDS UPDATE! Empty Re: FSX THUNDERBIRDS UPDATE!

Post  hawx-85 Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:17 pm

That's good to hear. Thanks for those precision.
hawx-85
hawx-85

http://www.NorthernLights.tk

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 pm

I don't want to start problems, but as far as I know, there's no reason why you guys have any more right to use the Thunderbird emblem than another team. (Unless they are directly using your creation, like a emblem you drew.) CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) 37 Section 202.1a says that a title, single word, or small group of phrases CANNOT be copyrighted. That is what is called a "trademark." (Usually you'll see the ® or ™ symbol.) So it's safe to say the "FSX Thunderbirds" name is not "copyrited." You do, however, have copyright over all material you produce, like skin textures, your website, and a shield drawing -- assuming that drawing is purely original. (As in, no copying/pasting of the real logo, you have to draw it yourself!) Hopefully this helps clear up all the copyright issues you guys have.

Technically, to have ownership of the name "FSX Thunderbirds," you need to either incorporate, or get a trademark. Trademarks can be tricky and slow to obtain, and costly (I think.) The option used for VBA was to incorporate as an LLC - Limited Liability Company. It gives us a very few advantages, but does have costs associated with registering AND maintaining it.

You are right about the Thunderbirds emblem being a trademark of the USAF... I believe they were the first US Military jet team to trademark their logo. (Although that's just second-hand information, maybe I only heard that they were TRYING to trademark their logo.) Technically, they could press charges against you guys for using too similar of a logo, but they aren't going to do that, any more than the Blue Angels will press charges against our team, or the FSXBA. There can be more than one group that uses the Thunderbird emblem, but you need to create the version you're using yourselves. (I think you guys did, I don't know that for sure as I'm not intimately familiar with the real Thunderbirds emblem. Even if you didn't, there's literally no chance the USAF would press charges.)

Again, no intent to "start things," just wanted to make sure you guys get the facts. Hopefully this can help you out!

Last edited by Beaker on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Beaker
Beaker

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXA10EC_"Shamrock" Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:48 am

yea that is good to hear cause this one guy say that the team was down cause of you guys main website was down so he thought that you guys are down but i already know that the team wasnt down

FSXA10EC_"Shamrock"

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:03 am

Hey Beaker I will let you know what we have control of and what we dont have control of and how it all works out at another time. I do get what you are saying and it goes a lot deeper than how I explained it in the original post.

Now the latest guy to try starting the team did use our video as his own and proclaimed to gain permission from us to use everything we have created (including the website) which in reality while he did send somebody a message, it was never responded to so now there began a problem.
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Yes... that is a problem, and totally not cool. As soon as he uses your work he's toast.
Beaker
Beaker

Back to top Go down

FSX THUNDERBIRDS UPDATE! Empty Hello

Post  sonicshaker5 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:38 pm

I am new here to the team but not to FSX. I would like to know whats happening thanks

sonicshaker5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down