Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORMATION SCHOOL

+10
Grab
fly_by_nite
Dynamic Productions Pres
[Ysflight]-Mustang
USNAC_Cherokee
Duke
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
jllarkins
FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker"
skyblazer3
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FORMATION SCHOOL - Page 2 Empty Re: FORMATION SCHOOL

Post  skyblazer3 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 am

Heat,

Thank you for your generosity. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an informative website. However, I want to definitely wait on anything like that until we've had a trial run of the project to see if we really can teach some formation fundamentals to people in a fun and effective way. Thanks again for your offer and Happy Birthday. I'm out of town and out of contact for the next 4 days, but I look forward to hearing other people's perspectives. I'd also love to hear more about this top gun school that Air Chief Marshall knows about. I think the fact that we've had so many formation teams before we've had a place to educate pilots might be one of the reasons that so many teams struggle.

Also, I found an article yesterday in this month's copy of Combat Aircraft magazine. They have a great article on the Top Gun program at Miramar in 1982. It has a great description of how that school was run, and what their syllabus was. Well worth reading. Also has some incredible photos of F-14s, F-4s, and F-5s from the era.

Cheers,

Garner
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:22 am

skyblazer3 wrote:Heat,

Thank you for your generosity. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an informative website. However, I want to definitely wait on anything like that until we've had a trial run of the project to see if we really can teach some formation fundamentals to people in a fun and effective way.
Garner

That's probably the best thing to do, Just like a formation team you need to work on your flying before you make websites videos and all that cool stuff that gets your name out there. Because you don't want to have yourself in the public eye with nothing to show them.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  Air_Chief_Marshall Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:44 am

Ladies and Gentlemen.

As your aware this topic has been like a 'Flower Blooming' with ideas and suggestions. Once again it's good to have things like this talked about.

Within this school. As you are aware, you graduate from it with a 'level of expertise'. People. This 'level of expertise' needs to be known world-wide (in FSX). Some of you may be thinking. What do you do once you have this degree? We'll it's simple. For this Top Gun School to work, you need the cooperation of organisations such as: FSX Demonstration Teams. This works by, when a FSX Demonstration Team has an open position. One of the requirements listed for that position needs to have "Graduated from FSX Top Gun School with a ____ in Induction/Basic/Proficiency/Advanced/Qualified Training on the _____.

• Pass (55% to 70%)

• Credit (70% - 85%)

• Distinction (85% or above)

This Top Gun school doesn't necessary need to be run by a website. The website can be a source of Info (www.fsxtopgunschool.info). Privately it can be run with Instructors that are "Casual" or part-time. Like suggested have at least one Instructor per a country. The only thing that I am concerned is seeing this thing 'build up' then just fall straight to the ground. Perhaps whoever wants to take this up needs to make a "Design Brief". This will ensure that you remain on track to minimize the confusion and give others a clear idea of what he/she has in mind.

Cheers,
Air_Chief_Marshall
Air_Chief_Marshall

http://www.darwinflyingschoolvirtual.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [Ysflight]-Mustang Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 am

have you guys ever heard of eluminate? its like teamspeak and skype put together and you can also have mics and the teachers of this top gun school can have tablets and draw out what they want to show the class and then you could have a test where everyone has a polling toll but no one except the teacher can see what they put and you could keep track of what people got what questions wrong. i've used this before at my old virtual home schooling school it was called C.V.C.S. Chicago Virtual Charter School. heres the website for eluminate. Very Happy
http://www.elluminate.com/
[Ysflight]-Mustang
[Ysflight]-Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  Air_Chief_Marshall Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:28 am

FSXVPR_#1_Kevthefsxman wrote:have you guys ever heard of eluminate? its like teamspeak and skype put together and you can also have mics and the teachers of this top gun school can have tablets and draw out what they want to show the class and then you could have a test where everyone has a polling toll but no one except the teacher can see what they put and you could keep track of what people got what questions wrong. i've used this before at my old virtual home schooling school it was called C.V.C.S. Chicago Virtual Charter School. heres the website for eluminate. Very Happy
http://www.elluminate.com/

You legend! Very Happy
Air_Chief_Marshall
Air_Chief_Marshall

http://www.darwinflyingschoolvirtual.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Heat Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:28 am

Duke wrote:
skyblazer3 wrote:Heat,

Thank you for your generosity. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an informative website. However, I want to definitely wait on anything like that until we've had a trial run of the project to see if we really can teach some formation fundamentals to people in a fun and effective way.
Garner

That's probably the best thing to do, Just like a formation team you need to work on your flying before you make websites videos and all that cool stuff that gets your name out there. Because you don't want to have yourself in the public eye with nothing to show them.

Your right there dude. Anyways, just let me know if you guys need anything and when you think that your ready for a website, im here to help.
Heat
Heat

http://vintageblueangels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Golden Eagle Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:55 pm

Hello, I am new here, and I want to be the first to attend your new flight school! I've been watching your videos and you look great. Are there any requirements that need to be met? I'm an experienced fligt simmer, mostly with the IRIS F-14. As far as my equipment goes, I think I'm set. Very Happy

*EDIT*
I know its in its testing phases, and if there is anything, anything at all let me know, i might get something together for you (I know many, many people who can help)

Golden Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post  skyblazer3 Sat May 01, 2010 12:08 am

It's great to see all of this interest in the prospective program. I've been meaning to update the forums on our status, but I've been out of town attending fighter squadron reunions. Last week I was with some F-86 and F-100 Jocks, and this week I've been with some F-4E drivers. They have all been impressed with the concept of flying formation aerobatics on the sim. I think it's safe to say that the FSX Skyblazers and the FSX Thunderbirds will have some new fans from the fighter pilot community as these guys check out our work.

Anyway, I've been giving serious thought to this program and discussing it with some people who really have the knowledge and flying ability to be good instructors. I've got a rudimentary syllabus laid out that will take the first class of students through 10 sorties with the instructor, as well as 10-15 additional flights that the student will need to make on their own with FRCs. We are planing a trial run of the course with two instructors and two to four students. Right now we are still discussing the best aircraft to use for the training.

I am open to suggestions, but some considerations are freeware vs. payware, and props vs jets. Irregardless of these considerations, the aircraft must fly smoothly in formation. I had the IRIS T-6 Texan II, the new freeware T-6 Texan, or the freeware Dino Catteno T-45 in mind as some potential trainers. It's too bad that we don't have a good T-38. Let me know what you think would make a good aircraft. Ideally, it should have 2 seats, and both seats should be functionally modeled VCs. Our training will take full advantage of FSX's Share the Cockpit feature, in combination with TeamSpeak 3. I think there are some exciting possibilities.

Garner
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2