Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the cfg. file

2 posters

Go down

Question about the cfg. file Empty Question about the cfg. file

Post  Truckster Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:16 pm

Do the FSX Thunderbirds change anything in their F-16 config files to make formation flying easier? It seems to me that there is plenty of parameters in there that could be altered to make the flying smoother. One that leaps to mind is "parasite drag scalar". If you bumped that up, I am certain that it would make it easier to contain an overtake situation. Because parasite drag increases with speed, it would limit your top speed, but as you never go to the limit of the F-16 envelope anyway, that wouldn't matter.

There are others that would help as well. Just a thought.

Truckster

Back to top Go down

Question about the cfg. file Empty Re: Question about the cfg. file

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Truckster thanks for the question,
The aircraft has been modified multiple times, especially once the birds switched to the BLK 52 engine. Many factors have to come into play for our type of flying. The big things are rudder, thrust power/response, trim, and drag for flaps/spoilers/gear, and throttle down. While we do not release this cfg. because of the amount of work put into it, we do like to have the public realize that this aircraft is built for this type of flying. Don't get me wrong, the show is still a challenge to anybody flying, but the current aircraft cfg. allows our aircraft to pull the show off.
-regards "Wildcat"
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Truckster Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks for the answer. I thought you must. I you haven't done so already, the parasite drag parameter is well worth a look.

Truckster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down