Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European/NATO Teams

+5
Navalaviation
Jesse "Burst"
Duke
FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker"
skyblazer3
9 posters

Go down

European/NATO Teams Empty European/NATO Teams

Post  skyblazer3 Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:46 am

Hey You Fighter Jocks........

If you are on this webpage you either are, or you want to be, an aggressive simulator fighter pilot. FSX still has a few years of life left to it, let's make them some great years. I'm sick and tired of all these F-18/F-16 teams and solo acts. The Blue Angels fly F18s, and the Thunderbirds fly F-16s..... so that's their turf. The rest of us need to stake out or own claim.... something unique and interesting. We don't need copy-cat teams. We also don't need too many fictional teams when there are so many real teams out there, both current and historic. I've been working with some great pilots to form up the 1956 Skyblazers team based out of Chaumont, France and flying the F-86. I've also talked with real Skyblazers, and gotten their help in figuring out how to recreate their routine.

Let's fill up the skies of Europe with some realistic teams from the past and present. Why would you want to fly an F-18 solo act when you could put together one of the great Italian teams flying the F-84 or F-86? What about the Black Arrows? or the Blue Diamonds? What about the Belgian's Red Devils....... that is an awsome team. Real pilots would give their right arm to have flown with the Red Devils in their Hawker Hunter. AlphaSim makes a good looking Hunter, and it could probably be tweaked for formation flight. What about the Swedish team flying the Hunter, or the Patrouille Suisse? Most of these are Hawker Hunter teams, but they give you an idea of the possibilities out there. Check out http://WWW.aerobaticteams.net That should give you an idea of what's out there. If FSX formation flying is going to be taken seriously.... then we will need to make real teams, flying real shows, in real locations. It can happen if you want it to, but you Fighter-Jocks have to make it happen.

Get to It!!!!!!! Before long we'll be tearing up the fields over Oslo, Zurich, and Paris for the international airshows!

Check Six,

Chris
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

http://FsxSkyblazers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

European/NATO Teams Empty Re: European/NATO Teams

Post  FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker" Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:44 am

I understand what you are saying about the F-18 and F-16,But the FSX Flying Dukes been up for a while and we our in the top 3 teams on FSX that stayed up longer,Like the FSX Blue Angels,FSX Thunderbirds,FSX Blue Eagles,And the FSX Flying Dukes.I know theres all of thoses demo teams out there that people can choose to do and thats great,But people are going do what they fell like.We cant expect them to listen to us if we ask em.Also what a great post on that website.
FSXTB_CC#1_
FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker"

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:30 am

skyblazer3 wrote:We also don't need too many fictional teams when there are so many real teams out there, both current and historic.

I disagree, If someone wants to create a team, Don't limit them to what they can do. Some people may have some great ideas.
Besides its all up to the people who want to create teams.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  skyblazer3 Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Flying Dukes,

Please don't get the wrong idea.... I was thinking about your team when I wrote "we don't need TOO MANY fictional teams". I think you guys are doing great work, same with the Fantastic Four. My point is that we have great potential for diversity, and I think diversity is what will make this endeavor sustainable. People starting new teams should be aware that they don't have to start from scratch. Flying the default F-18 is a lot of fun, but they have lots of options out there and can create some beautiful teams based on NATO teams. I think many people are limiting themselves to the teams of the United States or Great Britain. I would like to see truly international representation. I also think it helps people starting out in this world to model themselves on a team because it gives them something to go off of. They don't have to invent their own routine, they can pattern it.

Lets see some real teams!

Check Six,
Chris
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse "Burst" Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:57 pm

I can see what both team are talking about, but no offence Dukes, but I'm kinda going with the Skyblazers on this one. I've been wanting more demo team on FSX since day one of the Thunderbirds, and since then I have never seen any big successful teams. The Blue Angels were the first, Thunderbirds second, then the Blue Eagles, Flying Dukes, Skyblazers... I've helped, and tought so many different teams that wanted to become a successful F-18 demo team on FSX, that I just decided to quit with the waste of teaching with different teams, with the same plane! It sounds very rude, but very true. I have already wrote a post about this awhile back, but I still agree with it 100% Tell me this guys, If you went to a real or a virtual air show and everything was just FA-18's or F-16's, how interesting would that be vs. one with many different varieties of planes? Isn't that what makes EAA AirVenture Oshkosh so popular? I was even watching
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson last night, and he was talking about the real Oshkosh event where all these different people with the same passion is joining together with there different planes! But anyways guys, I dont mean to be a big jerk talking about other peoples team, I'm just giving you all my own optional opinion.
Jesse
Jesse "Burst"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbirds.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesse "Burst" Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:06 pm

FSXFD #1 Boss,

You even wrote a post in the (Video's) area posting this video:

Which goes with everything I said. Wink
Jesse
Jesse "Burst"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbirds.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Navalaviation Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:19 pm

dont forget the redarrows now to Razz
Navalaviation
Navalaviation

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat" Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Honestly I agree with the dukes, but it comes with saying that just because you have a fictional team DOES NOT mean you have to use the F-18 just people choose that. My first successful formation demo team on FS9 (the freedom fighters) consisted of an F-18 with an A-10 lead and we made up many of our maneuvers. There HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of aircraft and many creative people out there to make a real good fictional demo team. All the maneuvers do not have to be diamond rolls and stuff. I would like to see more fictional teams but I would like to see them actually use creativity not just using other teams maneuvers. Just my take on the situation. Smile
FSXTB_#8_
FSXTB_#8_"Wildcat"
Admin

http://www.fsxthunderbird.net

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker" Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Right now im working on making the Snowbirds aircraft alot better in formation and i am also working on the Patrouille de France demo team by making the smoke red white and blue and also putting some great sound in it.Im just during this just if people want to start any of these two great teams.
FSXTB_CC#1_
FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker"

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm

In answer to burst. Yes i posted that video, but not to suggest making real teams but to prove that formation is possible and what many people think about fsx and FSX Demo Teams isn't true.

And about the F-18 thing. Yes there are a lot of people wanting to use the F-18. When we transited to the F-18 there was only like 3 teams including mine.
Believe me if i found an aircraft that could do everything i wanted it to then i would be all over that. But i do plan to transition to the super hornet when it comes out if its a good model.
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker" Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:39 pm

I agree
FSXTB_CC#1_
FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker"

Back to top Go down

Post  skyblazer3 Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:36 pm

I'm glad everyone is thinking about this stuff again. I knew that this post would bring out some emotions, and hopefully some ideas. I'm just a little disappointed that the people posting here are all committed to teams already, and not the people wanting to start new teams. Viper, your project to modify aircraft for formation sounds useful and interesting. That French team looks amazing. Does anyone have their website information?

Check Six,

Chris
skyblazer3
skyblazer3

Back to top Go down

Post  FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker" Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Yea heres the Patrouille de France website http://www.patrouilledefrance.com/ Its a awesome website but cant understand what they are saying lol!
FSXTB_CC#1_
FSXTB_CC#1_"Walker"

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblazer#2 Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:46 pm

i personally believe that everyone has a right to make any type of team they want. but i have to agree with chris. there are alot of the same type of formation teams. that are really just copying the original's. But also if that team can put up a good show i'll watch it lol!
Skyblazer#2
Skyblazer#2

Back to top Go down

Post  TB ADMIN Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:35 am

I have read all the posts on this topic. I think that there are so many teams out in the real world that could be accomplished to complete a large assortment of air show quality material. I think that there should be different teams that take hold of many different aircraft not just the F 18. The only thing people have to remember is that when there is the next air show hosted by anyone they should have a list of rules that go along with the production. These should be only one team can fly one type of aircraft so we all don’t have to just look at the F 18 flying around. There are so many different things that can be done and people just are not doing it. I encourage people to start thinking about leaving that aircraft to the FSX Blue Angels. This team should be the only team in that plane because of the wide variety of teams and manoeuvres that could be displayed. If you get offended in my post that’s really just me seeking my mind. Best of luck to anyone that wants to start a successful team on FSX. Remember we have proved it can be done and you can do what we do here all it takes is practice.
TB ADMIN
TB ADMIN
Admin

https://fsxthunderbirds.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:26 pm

FSXTB_#4_FOXY wrote:I have read all the posts on this topic. I think that there are so many teams out in the real world that could be accomplished to complete a large assortment of air show quality material. I think that there should be different teams that take hold of many different aircraft not just the F 18. The only thing people have to remember is that when there is the next air show hosted by anyone they should have a list of rules that go along with the production. These should be only one team can fly one type of aircraft so we all don’t have to just look at the F 18 flying around. There are so many different things that can be done and people just are not doing it. I encourage people to start thinking about leaving that aircraft to the FSX Blue Angels. This team should be the only team in that plane because of the wide variety of teams and manoeuvres that could be displayed. If you get offended in my post that’s really just me seeking my mind. Best of luck to anyone that wants to start a successful team on FSX. Remember we have proved it can be done and you can do what we do here all it takes is practice.

Well that little rule thing puts a cap on us until the VRS comes out. Thats something i don't want to happen because im working hard to do this and hell if i don't get to show it.6
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

European/NATO Teams Empty kickin a dead horse.

Post  Skyblazer#4 Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:26 pm

So my initial response to this was not taken with high accord so I figured I would take a more serious stab at it. I agree with the post in this thread about "what if you went to an air show and they were all flying in the same airplane" I for one would be pissed at the lack of creativity. Now that doesn't mean I think the dukes suck because they fly an 18 as well as the angels, but I would agree to a ruling of 1 team 1 plane. Who wants to sit around and watch the same episode of futurama over, and over, and over again.

I do disagree slightly with my teammate about the creation of fake teams over existing teams. I think it is fine if someone created their own team from the back of their own brain. There is a time and a place for both teams. I think we should all just get into one server on the same day and time and just have a big ol' aeronautical bear hug. Would be kinda interesting to see where some of the other teams lay.
Skyblazer#4
Skyblazer#4

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Skyblazer#4 wrote:So my initial response to this was not taken with high accord so I figured I would take a more serious stab at it. I agree with the post in this thread about "what if you went to an air show and they were all flying in the same airplane" I for one would be pissed at the lack of creativity. Now that doesn't mean I think the dukes suck because they fly an 18 as well as the angels, but I would agree to a ruling of 1 team 1 plane. Who wants to sit around and watch the same episode of futurama over, and over, and over again.

I do disagree slightly with my teammate about the creation of fake teams over existing teams. I think it is fine if someone created their own team from the back of their own brain. There is a time and a place for both teams. I think we should all just get into one server on the same day and time and just have a big ol' aeronautical bear hug. Would be kinda interesting to see where some of the other teams lay.

Well said although i will fight to be the exception for the 1 team 1 plane rule until my beloved super-hornet is released
Duke
Duke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down